Just begun my online tutoring journey but have taught GCSE one to one and in small groups all my professional career as well as being a classroom teacher.
I enjoy the process of learning and teaching pupils and tutees to actually learn to learn rather than just cram. if you know something, you don’t ever need to remember it word for word, you just need to remind yourself, which is a whole different ball game to endlessly cramming facts, figures, dates, and processes.
my tutorials will involve
1) recall – past learning and use it
2) shaping – the learning for the session with explanation, resources, and question and answer sessions.
3) independent learning and tasks – using the knowledge to answer questions, analyse data and make links.
4) further practise, reading and assessed independent work.
5) answer analysis and reflecting on learning.
This is all performed as weekly cycle and supports, encourages and promotes learning and knowledge retention
There will also be particular focus on GCSE questions and how to answer to get the top marks.